So many details! When you’re planning a wedding or other grand event, it’s attention to the seemingly little things that makes for a truly special occasion. Case in point: table numbers. Sure, a basic numbered card will do the job, but why be ordinary when there are so many extraordinary options? You can show your personality–and have a little fun–with unique table names and numbers. Consider a few of these clever ideas for inspiration!
Favorite Photos Starring You!
Photos add the ultimate personal touch to your table numbers.
- Too cute! Take a trip down memory lane with those adorable baby pics and school photos. Your nostalgic “through the years” tables can be designated by year or by the corresponding ages of the bride and groom. You’re sure to inspire heartfelt reminiscences.
- You’re the star when you plan ahead with your engagement photo shoot. Just bring along some numbered props–oversized numerals or poster boards– for a fun take on table numbers.
- Feature your lovable fur babies. Animal lovers can include their beloved four-legged friends in the celebration with cute pet photos.
In lieu of numbers, designate your tables with creatively themed titles that celebrate the season or your favorite places.
- Memorable Places. Are you a couple that loves to travel? Let it show with tables named after your favorite vacation spots, such as streets or famous tourist sites in a much-loved city. A sentimental alternative: places with special meaning, such as where you met, and where he proposed. Or think outside the box! Direct your guests to “Hogwarts”, “Narnia”, or other favorite fantasy locales.
- Nature is an unending source of inspiration. Reflect the season with iconic winter table names (snowflake, sleigh, snowman). Think spring with tables named after your favorite blooms; vintage prints are a lovely option for a shabby chic look. Pretty sketches or watercolors of birds, woodland creatures or simple greenery are a charming stationery choice. Agate and geodes are on-trend; get the look with stationery inspired by the natural beauty of these minerals.
Be Inspired by the Things You Love
- Are you a book lover? Add a bit of classic romance with literary references. Name your tables by favorite author or poet, perhaps with an accompanying quote. Or name famous literary couples: Romeo and Juliet, Daisy and Gatsby, even Ron and Hermione.
- Movie Time. Movie buffs can let their love of the cinema shine with movie themed table names. Whether you opt for classic Disney films or characters, are a total sci fi nerd or favor Marvel superheroes, have fun with it!
- Get Sporty. Whatever your game, show your team spirit with sports-themed table numbers. Choose baseball motifs, favorite sports idols, or even famous racehorses. Celebrate the outdoors with trail names from your favorite ski resort, or even fly fishing knots!
Pretty and Clever Décor
- Go beachy. You’ll have plenty of stationery options for a seaside celebration: choose coral, starfish or seashells motifs. For a nautical flair, use rope knots (known as monkey fists) to hold your table numbers.
- Frame It. Stylish frames are an easy way to add some panache to your table numbers. Consider your wedding theme and style. Go glam with a bit of bling or opt for classic and elegant gold frames. Couples aiming for a modern, industrial look can choose trendy acrylic, chrome or copper. Moss-edged frames are charming for a rustic or garden party decor.
Leave a Reply