Brilliant blue waves, warm ocean breezes and a stunning sunset over the horizon–a beach setting is the ultimate romantic wedding venue. Whether you are planning a sunny destination gathering, a yacht club gala or a casual ceremony in the sand, it’s all in the details for the beach wedding of your dreams.
Set the Stage with Beach-inspired Wedding Stationery
Give your guests a hint of what’s to come with unique save the dates and invitations. There are so many possible designs to fit a beach theme:
- Reserve your place on everyone’s social calendar with a photo save the date featuring your romantic walk on the beach.
- Go for rustic neutrals with burlap ribbon and seashell embellishments.
- Simple watercolor designs are another stationery trend that is perfect for your beach theme. Choose pastels reminiscent of the sea, such as aqua or seafoam green.
- If you are traveling to the islands for a fabulous destination wedding, look for bright-hued tropical designs—pineapples and palm fronds. Another fun option for events in distant locales: save the dates and invitations styled as boarding passes or passports.
Create a Casual but Elegant Seashore Ambience
Carry out your theme and complement your setting with beach-inspired décor. Whether your design inspiration is the tranquil sea, a tropical paradise or an ocean voyage, keep it simple and elegant.
- Seashells, starfish and driftwood instantly bring the natural beauty of the sea to your tablescapes. For an easy centerpiece, fill cylinder vases with soft white beach sand adorned with a single bloom or candle. A must for your ceremony: a pretty shabby chic-inspired floral wedding arch.
- If bold and bright is more your style, aim for a tropical flair. Choose linens and florals in vivid hues; just be sure to select flowers that can withstand the heat, or stick with fresh greenery. Palm fronds, banana leaves and other tropical greenery can grace your centerpieces, table runners and even your wedding cake.
- Is preppy nautical the look you’re after? Decorate with classic navy and white stripes and vintage painted buoys. Nautical rope knots (known as monkey fists) can serve as stylish table number or place card holders.
- As the sun does down, add a bit of nighttime drama with lanterns or fairy lights in glass jars. If permitted by your venue, a cozy beach bonfire is a wonderful way to end the day.
Make it fun!
Take the lead with a casual and fun approach to your big day. It’s the beach, after all!
- Outfit the bridal party– or the whole place– with bright hued leis or pretty parasols.
- Are there little ones on your guest list? Keep them happy and occupied with some beach pails and shovels and other beach toys.
- Plan a dramatic nighttime exit with sky lanterns or sparklers.
Keep Them Cool and Comfy
Be prepared for whatever Mother Nature has in store.
- Colorful personalized sunglasses will be a much appreciated favor for a sunny day ceremony.
- Encourage your guests to kick off their shoes and enjoy the warm sandy beach. Set out baskets of inexpensive flip flops at the entrance to the festivities. Nice touch: a cute brush-off station for sandy feet.
- Baby, it’s hot outside! Print your wedding program on paper fans. On the other hand, if you are expecting a chill in the air, it’s a nice touch to offer a basket of cozy pashminas.
- Provide plenty of cold drinks. Offer a signature tropical drink, and be sure to include non-alcoholic options like iced tea, lemonade and water.
Say Thank You with Fun Favors
Send your family and friends home with a favor they’ll enjoy. Small bagfuls of sea glass candy or salt water taffy are a sweet reminder of the perfect day.
Leave a Reply