The wedding day is fast approaching and you need to be able to fit in your gorgeous gown, but you have no clue where to start. If you are anything like me, you love your carbs and you can’t help but drink a soda at least every other day. It’s time to make some adjustments that will not only help you fit into your beautiful dress but hopefully set you on the path for some healthy lifestyle changes. Here are my top tips to fit in the dress and achieve your best body for your best day.
- Cut the carbs – I know, this is one of the hardest things that I am going to tell you. Well, at least for some of you. Cutting carbs is incredibly hard, especially for my pasta lovers out there (raises hand). However, you can still have pasta, but try to do so in moderation or even in vegetable form. I have a cousin who loves her some zoodles (zucchini noodles) as her spaghetti and swears its absolutely amazing. Instead of burritos, try burrito bowls which are basically everything on a burrito, piled on top of lettuce. You can cut corners like this, and before you know it, you will no longer want carbs at all.
- Limit the sweets and don’t even walk down that aisle when you are shopping. This is one of my biggest weaknesses because I am practically the cookie monster’s sister. I love cookies, and so I absolutely cannot resist the temptation when I walk down that aisle. The trick I have learned for this is, don’t even go near that aisle. There is actually nothing remotely healthy on the aisle that the sweets and chips are on. Therefore, you have no need to go down them. I have learned that if you stick to the perimeter of the store when shopping, and avoid most of the middle aisles, you will find all of the freshest food items available, and avoid those packed with chemicals and preservatives.
- Allow yourself a cheat day – BUT ONLY IF YOU CAN STICK TO IT. I’m a firm believer in not eliminating the food we love to eat because it just makes us miserable. Instead, eat those bad things in moderation and give yourself the option of a cheat day. This doesn’t mean eating every bad thing under the sun, but maybe just allowing yourself that cookie after dinner. You can also give yourself rewards. Make it all week without drinking eating sugar? Enjoy something sweet as dessert on the weekend.
- Cut back the soda. This one is especially hard for me because I LOVE Pepsi. Cutting back the soda will do more than you can ever imagine. Its a very small change that you will notice doing a major difference in your waistline. A friend of mine drinks the La Croix sparkling waters, and she claims that it helped her break her soda addiction all together. I personally just transferred to drinking no soda and only water in the months before my wedding.
- Have an easy everyday workout routine that you can even do at home. I find it easiest to do a routine that I can do even on my busiest day. Pinterst has lots of everyday workouts that you can fit into a busy schedule. I personally like running so I make sure to squeeze it in whenever possible. Don’t beat yourself up if you miss a day either. Just hope back on the next day. The key is consistency.
Trust me when I say that I know these are not the easiest tips. I can tell you firsthand how hard they are because I did every single one of them when it came down to preparing my body for my special day. They were hard and I wanted to give up more days than one, but when it was all said and done I was thankful that I followed through with it and didn’t give up. I felt absolutely stunning on my wedding day, and you can too.