Aside from rainbows and butterflies and horse drawn carriages, wedding days are filled with some things that are less mystical and less fun. Some even have minor (sometimes major) emergencies. Make sure you are the bride that is prepared for that emergency before it happens.
Before we get into the fun stuff like hair and makeup emergency items, we have to talk about the sometimes embarrassing, but always necessary items to have in your emergency kit. Depending on your location, time of the month/year, and extent of your wedding day attire, you may not need all of this. Use your own judgement to put it together, but if you miss anything that you need, don’t say I didn’t tell you so.
- Pain Relievers (Let’s not forget we have bridesmaids too!)
- Pepto-Bismol (Maybe the food doesn’t agree with you, and who wants no Pepto when that happens?!)
- Bug Spray (This is one of those things that you may not need, but if so, don’t forget it!)
Okay, so those are the basics for the absolute must haves in most wedding day emergency kits. But your kit isn’t complete yet. You’ll also want to consider:
- Sewing kit (I found one at the dollar store for $1 – and rips can happen at nearly every wedding so don’t forget this goodie on your big day)
- Safety Pins
- Clear Nail Polish
- Super glue
- Lint Roller
- Tide pen- (Receptions can get fun and we don’t think about things, but if you want to sell that dress later or even preserve it for your daughter, you won’t want red wine or gravy stains to be the main attraction of the dress)
- Bobby pins (I can’t tell you how important these are to have for the entire wedding party and sometimes even family.)
- Extra hair ties (When it’s time to dance you may need these!)
- Foundation (sometimes it wears off after a good sweaty day. Have some backup!)
- Powder (Great for touch ups, especially if you’re in the sun)
- Blotting sheets (These are perfect for pulling the oil off of your face when you’ve been sweating too much. Dancing can get INTENSE!)
- Nail File
- Tissues (You might cry, and what’s worse than ugly cry face? Ugly cry face with mascara and tears all over it. Have these to clean yourself up girl! Trust me!)
- Mirror (A pocket mirror will do, so you can check and make sure you are still put together after a good sweat or a good cry.)
There are seriously so many things to think about when it comes down to your big day, and we often forget the little things. Use our Wedding Day Emergency Kit Checklist to make sure you have everything included in yours.
Leave a Reply