If you’re a football fan, you know that the SuperBowl is right around the corner on February 1st! This year it’ll be the New England Patriots (yuck!) versus the Seattle Seahawks (yea!). Let’s hope for a better game than last year! I always root for the NFC team since my regular season team is in the NFC but regardless of who you cheer for, you may have thought of hosting a SuperBowl party. This week on Facebook I’ve been sharing ideas on how to make your pigskin gathering a touchdown affair (I’m sorry, that’s an awful pun). Check out ideas for decor, food bars, and drinks below!
Setting the mood for a SuperBowl party is super simple. If you’re team made it to the big game, have fun with incorporating their colors into your design scheme (with a little bit of the “enemy” team thrown in). If you’re like me and you’re team is sitting on the bench, feel free to use more traditional football colors like brown and green to create that turf and pigskin feel.
1. Vintage Party Decor – http://bit.ly/1xuomPp
2. Penalty Flags – http://bit.ly/1uaM5UD
3. Chalkboard Play Board – http://bit.ly/1G46GVb
4. Food Table Decor – http://bit.ly/1Cd7zVk
1. Spud Bar (because who doesn’t love piling a baked potato high with all sorts of goodies!)- http://bit.ly/1IEHdQ3
2. Nacho Bar (this can be super simple or you can throw in some “fancy” accompaniments like bacon” – http://bit.ly/1B8ar98
3. Chili Bar – http://bit.ly/1ypiyKZ
Now when it comes to hosting the big game, the one thing you really shouldn’t skimp on are the drinks. You can satisfy most of your guests with just an assortment of beer (because beer and football go hand in hand). Or you can spice things up a notch and offer their drinks in a unique mug. My general rule for any party is not to overdo it. Have an assortment of beer to keep things simple and throw in maybe one signature drink. One of the easiest ways to add something special is by adding a little tag or throwing in a tiny football (think of it like your drinks’ little umbrella). These little detail will wow your guests and really leave them feeling like you did a lot more than you actually did (but that will be our little secret). Here are three ideas for going above and beyond the beer run!
1. Goal Post Drinks – http://bit.ly/14FR0Gm
2. Football Punch – http://bit.ly/1zksXdP